I wanted to make my own because I try not eat most prepackaged foods. This has worked great for us. It is simple to make. It can be frozen after it is sliced with double wax paper between slices (single is okay double is just better if you freeze it for ease of seperation).
- Cut chicken into cubes.
- Put the raw cubes into a food processor and pulse until it is small bits (*not mush).
- Add egg whites, salt and pepper.
- Add any other seasonings desired.
- Line a small loaf pan with foil and oil it.
- Pack meat into loaf pan.
- (At this point I sometimes add fresh ground black pepper or cayenne for peppered chicken, dry rub for BBQ is also great.).
- Bake in 325-350°F oven until done.
- Time depends on size of loaf pan and thickness of meat.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours before slicing (if possible).