Recipe by kiwidutch
Posted for RecipeZaar World Tour 2006, this is a recipe adapted from the small community cookbook from Dixon House on the West Coast, South Island of New Zealand, now sadly out of print.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL CHICKEN! I used 4 chicken breasts & was really liked with the results! So easy to make, too! Will happily make this one again & again! Many thanks for posting the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed as a PRESSIE in the Aus/NZ 12 Days of Christmas Recipe Swap]
- 4 chicken pieces
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 (11 ounce) can apricots (340g)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub salt and pepper into the chicken pieces and then place them into a casserole dish.
- Pour over the apricots and their juice.
- Sprinkle the dried soup mix over the chicken and apricots.
- Drizzle the wine over the top.
- Bake at 375 F (190 C ) for 1 hour 15 minutes.