This is the way I make my chicken nuggets. My kids love these and I try to keep some on hand in the freezer for quick snacks and meals. The technique came from the 30 day gourmet cookbook. This is an estimate on the crumbs. I normally do a whole bunch of chicken at once and just kind of eyeball the amounts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- 3Cut chicken into slices and then into "nugget" sized pieces.
- 4In a medium bowl, mix together the ranch dressing and the milk.
- 5put chicken pieces into bowl with milk mixture.
- 6Crush the ritz crackers into fine crumbs. I use my food processor.
- 7Place cracker crumbs and paprika in a large zipper type baggie. Seal and shake to mix together.
- 8Place a few of the chicken pieces into the bag of coating mix. Seal bag and shake to coat.
- 9Place nuggets on prepared baking sheet.
- 10Repeat until all chicken has been coated.
- 11Bake for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is done.
- 12Remove from oven and cool. I like to flash freeze before placing in a freezer bag and freezing.
- 13To serve:.
- 14Place frozen nuggets on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 5-10 minutes or until heated through. You can heat in the microwave, but they don't turn out as crispy.
- 15Note: Flash freezing just means to place the items on a baking sheet, not touching, and put in the freezer until firm. This keeps them from sticking together in one big clump.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Nuggets - OAMC
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 488.0
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 152.3 mg
- Sodium 697.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 51.0 g