Recipe by Tearanii
Just like Mom makes...soothing and satisfying homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. Show your family just how much you love them by serving them this delicious, hearty soup for dinner one night soon.
- 1 small fryer chicken, cut up (about 2 pounds)
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup diced carrot
- 2 stalks celery, sliced (leaves included)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine first 9 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for one hour, stirring occasionally.
- Remove chicken from soup and allow to cool enough to handle.
- Remove meat; discard skin and bones.
- Dice meat into small pieces.
- Return meat to soup.
- Add mushrooms and parsley, and re-season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Bring soup back to a boil.
- Stir in noodles and cook over medium-high heat for 20 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Yield: 6 servings.