Recipe by Sonya01
for asian forum Note: Look for thin, fresh egg noodles in the fridge section of your supermarket, near the fresh pastas.
- 3 cm piece gingerroot, peeled, grated
- 1 large lime, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1⁄2 cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 12 small chicken tenderloins
- 150 g fresh egg noodles (see note)
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 12 wooden skewers (pre soaked in water)
- 1⁄4 cup oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketjap manis
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 120°C Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine ginger, lime rind, 2 tablespoons lime juice and coriander in a bowl. Add chicken and turn to coat.
- Make dipping sauce: Combine oyster sauce, kecap manis and 1/4 cup warm water in a bowl. Cover and set aside.
- Thread 1 chicken tenderloin onto each skewer. Wrap 8 to 10 uncooked noodles tightly around chicken to cover.
- Half-fill a large saucepan with oil and heat over medium-high heat until a piece of bread inserted browns in 15 seconds. Cook chicken skewers, in batches, for 1 to 2 minutes or until noodles are puffed and golden. Transfer to baking tray.
- Place skewers in oven and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Serve with dipping sauce.