Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This was one of my mother-in-laws staple recipes, that has become one of mine.
- 2 large chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 (11 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrot
- 1 (16 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Cook noodles according to package (I like INN MAID brand).
- In a large skillet, sauté cubed chicken in olive oil, season with a little S & P, remove from skillet.
- Sauté diced onion for one minute add frozen peas and carrots and sauté just until cooked through, remove from skillet.
- Combine cream of chicken soup, cream cheese and sour cream in skillet and heat on low until combined.
- Add chicken, onion, peas, carrots and cooked noodles to the creamy mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with a little parsley if desired.
- Pour into a 9x12 casserole dish*.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350º oven for 20-30 minute or until heated through.
- * I like to separate into 2 smaller casseroles and give one away or freeze for later use.