Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick, easy, and cheap meal idea that came directly from the kitchen of a college student. This meal can be low-fat and delicious.
- 1 can chicken breasts or 2 cooked chicken breasts, cut up into small pieces
- 2 cans cream soup (we prefer reduced fat chicken or celery)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 package wide egg noodles
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded cheddar cheese
- Boil egg noodles according to package.
- In a 9x13 dish, mix together noodles, chicken, cream soup, and water.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top of mixture.
- Bake in the oven at 350 until cheese is melted.
We loved this recipe! I added some mixed veggies and it turned out wonderful. Thanks for the great recipe Heather.
This was very easy and it did taste just like chicken noodle soup. Next time I'm going to try crumbling some saltine crackers on top or as a crust on the bottom.