Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Cooking Light. January 2003. I love noodle bowls! So easy and versitile. To make it vegetarian, use vegetable broth and tofu.
- 2 stalks peeled fresh lemongrass
- 6 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- peeled fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 5 ounces uncooked wide rice sticks (rice-flour noodles)
- 12 chicken thighs, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 cups blanched shelled frozen edamame, thawed (green soybeans)
- 1⁄3 cup diagonally cut carrot
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can straw mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed cilantro leaf
- 1⁄3 cup diagonally sliced green onion
- lime wedge (optional)
- Lightly crush lemongrass using the side of a knife; slice stalks into 2-inch pieces. Combine lemongrass pieces, broth, and ginger in a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer 45 minutes. Remove lemongrass pieces and ginger using a slotted spoon; discard.
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Add chicken strips to broth; increase heat to medium, and cook 5 minutes.
- Add edamame, carrot, soy sauce, and mushrooms; cook 5 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro and green onions.
- Divide the rice noodles evenly among each of 5 soup bowls. Ladle chicken mixture over noodles. Garnish with lime wedges, if desired.