Cooking Light. January 2003. I love noodle bowls! So easy and versitile. To make it vegetarian, use vegetable broth and tofu.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 stalks peeled fresh lemongrass
- 6 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- peeled fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 5 ounces uncooked wide rice sticks (rice-flour noodles)
- 12 chicken thighs, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 cups blanched shelled frozen edamame, thawed (green soybeans)
- 1/3 cup diagonally cut carrot
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can straw mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro leaf
- 1/3 cup diagonally sliced green onion
- lime wedge (optional)
- 1Lightly crush lemongrass using the side of a knife; slice stalks into 2-inch pieces. Combine lemongrass pieces, broth, and ginger in a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat to low, and simmer 45 minutes. Remove lemongrass pieces and ginger using a slotted spoon; discard.
- 3Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- 4Add chicken strips to broth; increase heat to medium, and cook 5 minutes.
- 5Add edamame, carrot, soy sauce, and mushrooms; cook 5 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro and green onions.
- 6Divide the rice noodles evenly among each of 5 soup bowls. Ladle chicken mixture over noodles. Garnish with lime wedges, if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Noodle Bowl With Edamame and Straw Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (475 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 764.5
- Calories from Fat 379
- Total Fat 42.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 189.5 mg
- Sodium 694.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 56.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth