WW Soba Chicken Noodle Bowl
photo by I'mPat
- Ready In:
- 6 ounces soba noodles, thin
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4 inch chunks
- 5 shiitake mushroom caps, sliced
- 4 slices fresh ginger, peeled (1/8 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup snow peas, cut diagonally into 1/2 inch wide strips
- 1⁄2 cup frozen baby peas, thawed
- 2 cups Baby Spinach, packed
- 1 scallion, minced
- Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt if desired.
- Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, combine broth, water, chicken, mushrooms, ginger, and soy sauce in large saucepan; bring to boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer until chicken is almost cooked through, about 6 minutes.
- Add snow peas, baby peas, and spinach and cook until snow peas are crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in noodles.
- Remove and discard ginger.
- Ladle soup evenly into 4 serving bowls; sprinkle with scallion.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I scaled back for 1 serve and what delicious tasty and filling serve it was. I couldn't get snow peas so used sugar snaps and omitted the spinach as I didn't realize I was out of it and I julienned the ginger and left in as I love a bite of it as I am eating the soup. Thank you TeresaS for a great lunch, made for Food Friends and Fun and For Your Consideration tag game.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>? Hi! My name is Teresa.? My husband and I like to take RV trips but it seems lately we just us it for vintage motorcross races. I enjoy hiking, snowshoeing, have done some rock climbing but age is creeping up on my poor old bones. Anything to do with the outdoors I enjoy, so why do I live in rainy Washington state? We have 2 wonderful children, both grown. My son lives in LA and my daughter and her husband recently moved back in the area with their little boy...our grandson... who just turned?5 years old. We have a granddaughter who lives close by...she just turned 23 this year. She's a sweetheart.? Life is good when you have a son and a?daughter and they?gift?you with a granddaughter and grandson. :)??</p>