Prep 24 hrs
Cook 20 mins
An Indian hybrid - served in our local restaurant, but they won't tell us the recipe. After countless tries we've come up with something similar based on tandoori and sweet and sour sauce
- tandoori paste
- 600 g chicken
- 4 garlic cloves (as desired)
- 1 large onion
- green chili (optional)
- 100 ml pineapple juice or 100 ml orange juice
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 100 ml rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Cut the chicken into 2cm cubes.
- Marinate the chicken in the tandoori paste for 24 hours - cover and keep chilled.
- Chop and fry the onion and garlic in butter. Finely chop the chili and add when the onions are browning. Use a deep pan.
- Add the chicken and cook for about 15 minutes over a medium heat.
- To make the sauce mix all ingredients together and stir over a medium heat. Use as much cornflour as you like, depending on how thick you like the sauce - I'd suggest fairly runny.
- Once the sauce is heated up add to the chicken and simmer for another five minutes. Serve immediately with your chosen accompaniment. Enjoy.