Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Another cook ahead. Easy and fast. I would thaw the breasts before useing. I freeze mine 2 to a package so that's the basis for the quantity.
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 box cheapest seasoned stuffing mix
- water, nessesary to mix less a bit
- 1⁄3 small onion, fine dice
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries or 1⁄3 cup dried cherries or 1⁄3 cup raisins (or such)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 jar of storebought gravy
- 1 teaspoon dehydrated onion, toasted if ya got em
- Combine stuffing mix, diced onion, dried fruit, spices, and water in the bottom of a small casserole.
- Lay chicken on top.
- The two halves should cover the stuffing.
- Paint the chicken with most of the gravy mixed with the dehydrated onions.
- Put, covered, in a 280-290 oven for 1 hour.
- Uncover, paint with the rest of the gravy.
- Return uncovered to the oven till the breasts reach 145-150 INTERNAL temp.
- It takes mine roughly another half hour.
- This is important we don't want sick folks.
- Additional note, I remove the breasts to a plate slather the gravy from the edges over the stuffing and return to the now cooling oven to dry a bit.