Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
An interesting flavor combination with the sweet peaches and tender chicken strips. The parmesan cheese adds a nice background flavor. Fresh, ripe peaches may be substituted for the canned.
- Slice chicken into strips.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
- In medium bowl, mix together sour cream and mayonnaise.
- Set aside.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in medium frying pan.
- Stir-fry chicken strips for about 3 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- Heat remaining butter in same pan.
- Cook onions and garlic until softened but not browned.
- Add cooked chicken and paprika.
- Stir to combine.
- Place in a single layer in a 7 by 11 inch broiler-proof baking pan.
- Top with sliced peaches, then sour cream mixture.
- Bake in preheated 350F degree oven for about 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and broil on low for about 5 minutes or until flecked with brown.
- Serve over cooked white rice.
I used fresh peaches and it was fantastic. The broiled parmesean is key in this recipe. This one has made it into our family cookbook already. I look forward to trying it with real parmesean cheese and some peaches I canned recently.