Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Quick, easy, and so good.
- 2 cups black cherries (1 lb or 1 oz can)
- 1 (3 lb) frying chickens, cut up
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1⁄4 cup kirschwasser cherry flavored liqueur (optional)
- Drain cherries, reserving liquid.
- Wash and dry chicken pieces and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Brown chicken on all sides in hot butter.
- Remove from skillet.
- To skillet, add 1/4 t salt, the flour, sugar, and spices; blend with drippings.
- Gradually stir in cherry liquid and add chicken and remaining ingredients, except cherries.
- Cover, bring to a boil and simmer for 40 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Add drained cherries and Kirschwasser for last 5 minutes of cooking time.
- Serve over wide noodles.