Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
From Woman's Day
Make and share this Chicken Minestrone With Pesto recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice, undrained
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut in 1-in . chunks
- 1 medium baking potato, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup carrot
- 1⁄2 cup celery
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can white kidney beans, rinsed (cannellini)
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 3 cups refrigerated prepared basil pesto
- Mix all ingredients except the cannellini beans, zucchini, green beans and pesto in a 4-qt or larger slow-cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 7 to 9 hours until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in cannellini beans, zucchini and green beans. Cover and cook on high 15 minutes, or until zucchini is tender.
- Spoon into bowls; top servings with pesto.
I am really impressed with this soup. I didn't have to go anywhere today, so I used bone-in, skin on chicken thighs, then pulled them out after a few hours to remove the skin. I also wasn't sure about the pesto, I couldn't find any prepared in my grocery store, so I bought an evelope mix. I followed the instructions on the back of the package, then added the pesto to the whole pot when I put in the zucchini and beans. I cooked it on high to cut a few hours out of the cooking time. This recipe is a keeper. It went together quickly, and turned out deliciously.