Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I was just looking for something different and this is what I came up with. The higher cooking temp helps to keep the chicken moist. You can keep these on warm in a crock pot for a party by adding enough chicken broth to cover the bottom of the crock.
- 1 head garlic, roasted
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Roast garlic by slicing off the top of the head and coating with 1T olive oil.
- Wrap in foil, place on cookie sheet and bake 40 minuted until soft.
- Let cool and then squeeze the garlic out of each clove an into a large mixing bowl.
- In the same bowl, add chopped spinach, cheeses, lemon, olive oil, egg, salt and pepper.
- Gently mix in chicken and breadcrumbs until well combined.
- Chill mixture for approx 30 minutes. It will make it easier to scoop.
- Using an ice cream scoop, or similar device, scoop balls onto a foil lined baking sheet and bake at 400 for approx 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Delicious flavor but slightly salty! Would alter salt to 1/2 teaspoon. And I'm usually a salt freak. The meatballs had a beautiful crunch on the outside with soft tender meat inside. 20 mins at 400 degrees was perfect. Definitely do want to use foil lined pan as the olive oil will leak out of the balls. I might try the Alton Brown method of cooking meatballs with this recipe (put them in mini muffin pans which heats evenly and also maintains their round shape).