From a Fine Cooking newsletter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- olive oil
- 2 ounces pancetta, cut into a 1/4-inch dice (about a 1/4-inch thick slice)
- flour (for dredging, about 1/2 cup)
- 4 chicken breasts, cutlets about 1/2 lb. total
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper, preferably on the coarse side
- 1/2 cup dry marsala wine
- 2 -4 tablespoons heavy cream
- minced fresh flat-leaf parsley (optional)
- 1Coat a large skillet lightly with olive oil and set it over medium-high heat.
- 2Add the pancetta and cook until just crisp and lightly browned.
- 3Remove with a slotted spoon, leaving the fat in the pan, and set aside.
- 4Put the flour on a plate.
- 5Pat the cutlets dry. Season them on both sides lightly with salt and amply with pepper.
- 6Heat the skillet with the pancetta fat over medium high.
- 7Add more olive oil, if needed, to get about 2 Tbs. fat in the pan.
- 8When the fat is hot, dredge a cutlet through the flour on both sides.
- 9Shake off the excess flour and immediately put the cutlet in the pan. Do the same with as many cutlets as will fit in the pan without touching.
- 10Sauté the cutlets, turning once, until browned on both sides; if thin, they should cook through in just a few minutes total. Transfer the cooked cutlets to a plate and continue sautéing the rest, adding more oil if necessary.
- 11Transfer these to the plate as well.
- 12Pour off the excess fat.
- 13With the pan over medium-high heat, add the Marsala and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- 14Cook until the Marsala is reduced by about a quarter.
- 15Stir in the cream and boil until you get a nicely thickened sauce. Return the chicken and pancetta to the pan and turn the cutlets over to coat.
- 16Let them reheat for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Serve with the sauce and a sprinkling of parsley, if you like.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Marsala With Pancetta & Cream
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 600.1
- Calories from Fat 291
- Total Fat 32.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 206.1 mg
- Sodium 191.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 60.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: