Chef Gorete's Note:
A delicious chicken dish that is creamy and light.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- all-purpose flour (for dredging)
- 4 -5 tablespoons all-purpose flour, for the sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup dry marsala wine
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1Filet each breasts into 2 cutlets, then cover with plastic wrap and flatten with a meat pounder until thin. Add some flour to a shallow dish and dredge the chicken cutlets, shaking off the excess flour.
- 2Add the olive oil and butter to the frying pan over high heat until it sizzles, do not let brown. Add half of the chicken and sauté until brown on both sides. Remove the cooked chicken to a separate dish and add the remaining chicken to the frying pan and finish cooking it. Remove the chicken and add it to the dish.
- 3Saute the mushrooms in the frying pan for a few minutes, then add the garlic tossing to combine. Add the Marsala wine and simmer for 3 minutes, then stir in 4 - 5 tbsps. of flour.
- 4Pour in the beef stock, then return the chicken to the frying pan seasoning with the salt and pepper. Simmer for several minutes until the chicken is hot and the sauce has thickened. Taste and adjust for seasoning.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Marsala
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.2
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 108.0 mg
- Sodium 883.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 34.2 g