1/2 Photos of Chicken Marsala
Half Hearted Chef's Note:
My brother made this dish for us one night and said he got the recipe from Tyler Florence's show on the Food Network. I made mine without the mushrooms, since my family is not big fans of mushrooms.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, stemmed and halved (can use porcini mushrooms)
- 1/2 cup sweet marsala wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1Place one chicken breast in a gallon zip lock bag and pound flat with a meat mallet, until about 1/4" thick. Repeat for all chicken pieces.
- 2Put flour, 1 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoons pepper in a pie plate and mix thoroughly.
- 3Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- 4Dredge both sides of moist chicken pieces in the seasoned flour. Place in the pan and fry for 5 minutes on each side until golden brown, turning once. May need to cook in batches so as not to crowd the pan.
- 5Remove chicken to a platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
- 6Lower the heat to medium and add the prosciutto to the drippings in the pan. Saute for 1 minute to render out some of the fat.
- 7Add the mushrooms and saute until they are nicely browned and their moisture has evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- 8Add the 1/2 teaspoons of salt and 1/4 teaspoons pepper.
- 9Pour in the Marsala wine and boil down for a few seconds to cook out the alcohol.
- 10Add the chicken stock and simmer for a minute to reduce the sauce slightly.
- 11Stir in the butter and return the chicken to the pan. Simmer gently for 1 minute to heat the chicken through.
- 12Garnish with parsley before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Marsala
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 555.8
- Calories from Fat 300
- Total Fat 33.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 108.9 mg
- Sodium 796.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 35.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: