A++ Chicken Marsala recipe. I got this recipe off the internet a while ago, but I don't remember which site. Anyway, this is an easy recipe that is elegant enough to serve to company.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper and oregano and set aside.
- Begin to heat butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Dredge chicken breasts in flour and brown on both sides (2-4 minutes per side). Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
- Throw mushrooms into the same skillet and saute.
- Deglaze pan with marsala wine. Return chicken to skillet and simmer about 4 minutes.
- **Variations: can add some cream while adding the marsala for a richer dish. Or, can top with mozzarella and place under broiler or cover with lid until cheese melts. If you put under broiler, maker sure your pan is stove-top to oven safe.
I really enjoyed this recipe. I was out of cream and the sauce looked a little flat, so I added about a table spoon of sour cream to it. It gave it a nice tang and a creaminess that really hit the spot.
This was really good! My DH and DS's and I all enjoyed it. I will make it again and maybe next time add some capers and some lemon to it. We had along with mashed potatoes and a cauliflower casserole. Thanks for sharing Northern Cook! Becky
Quick, easy and delicious. served with golden mashed potatoes and steamed asparagus-----only change i MADE WAS ADDING 1 TSP of minced garlic...excellant recepe!