Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I rub it all over 3-4 pounds of chicken pieces, leave it in the refrigerator for a couple of hours to marinate and then grill it. You could probably bake it, but I haven't tried that. You can substitute cumin for the oregano, but leave out the rosemary. You can add 2-3 serrano peppers, chopped finely, or the jarred yellow peppers from South America, if you really like heat. I have used this with steak, but I add 1 tsp thyme for that. This does not store well, so make it the day you will use it.
- 3 medium red onions, grated
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 44.37 ml oil
- 14.79 ml vinegar (your choice of type, I use red wine vinegar)
- 118.29 ml fresh parsley, very finely chopped
- 118.29 ml fresh cilantro, very finely chopped
- 4.92 ml dried oregano leaves
- 1.23 ml dried rosemary
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- Mix all ingredients and use as marinade. You can also just throw it all into the food processor or a blender to puree it.
I read the note about throwing it all in the food processor too late. I'll do that next time.... much faster! This is really tasty!