Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are such special appetizers... I found these on another website and they were so good I had to share! Make sure you take the time to ensure that each one is sealed well and not over stuffed or the filling will run out while baking. Don't skip out on the bread crumbs either, they give this an extra special touch! (You can substitute your own pie crust rather than using refridgerated premade ones)
- 120.48 g can chicken, spread
- 59.14 ml roasted garlic cream cheese
- 59.14 ml finely chopped green onion (4 medium)
- 78.07 ml coarsely chopped macadamia nuts or 78.07 ml almonds
- 425.24 g box refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 118.29 ml Italian style breadcrumbs
- Heat oven to 400°F
- In small bowl, mix chicken spread, cream cheese, onions and nuts.
- Place pie crusts flat onto work surface. With 2 1/4-inch round cutter, cut 16 rounds from each crust (rounds must be cut close together).
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon chicken mixture onto center of each of 16 rounds.
- Brush edges with water.
- Press remaining rounds slightly larger; fit each over chicken mixture. With fork, press edge of each to seal.
- Brush top and bottom of each with water; coat generously with bread crumbs.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Prick top of each with fork.
- Bake 18 to 23 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes.
This recipe is absolutely wonderful, and so easy! I served it to dinner guests, and everyone raved about it. My grocer did not have the roasted garlic cream cheese, so I substituted artichoke and spinach cream cheese and added a little of the McCormick's Perfect Pinch Roasted Garlic and Bell Pepper seasoning. It was great! Wil definitely use it again and again!