Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This came from a submariner cookbook. It was developed by a wonderful gentleman from the Phillipines. It is a delicious, classy dish sure to impress guests!Use Sweet and Sour Sauce Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 3 whole chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- peanut oil or other salad oil (for frying)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) jar macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place nuts in shallow baking pan with the butter.
- Bake, stirring frequently until light brown, about 15 minutes.
- AVOID SCORCHING.
- Into blender or mixing bowl put eggs, 2 T peanut oil, soy sauce, ginger, pepper, brandy, onion, water, flour and cornstarch.
- Blend well.
- Soak chicken in the batter for at least 20 minutes.
- Fry chicken in oil until done.
- Put chicken on platter and top with sweet and sour sauce (recipe # 85592) and nuts.