Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Sorry, I've never timed the prep/cook time...times entered are just estimates.
- 4 lbs whole chickens, preferably fryer
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 12 ounces bean thread noodles, soak 15 minutes, drain
- 6 green onions, chopped in 1 inch pieces
- chicken stock
- In a large covered pot, cook chicken with ginger and salt in enough chicken stock to cover until tender.
- When chicken has cooled, debone and shred meat.
- Reserve chicken stock.
- In a skillet, heat oil and saute onion, garlic and ginger until lightly browned.
- Add noodles and enough reserved chicken stock to cover.
- Add chicken and soy sauce; simmer until noodles are tender.
- Optional: top with chopped or minced green onions. This recipe is slightly on the bland side; may want to add soy sauce, or more salt, ginger or some chicken bouillon to flavor.
I chose this recipe, because I can tell this person doesn't measure (cooks from the heart). It was delicious and my husband thanked me for a wonderful meal! I know what authentic chicken long rice should taste like - this is it! I topped mine with some fresh green onion and chives and had it with rice and kimchi - it was perfect. Thanks!