- 1⁄2 lb chicken liver
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (2 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon or 1 chicken bouillon cube
- toast, cut diagonally
Directions See How It's Made
- If using frozen chicken livers, thaw.
- Cut livers into halves if necessary.
- Melt butter in 8-inch skillet; brown livers over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms (with liquid) and remaining ingredients except toast.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat; simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, until livers are done, about 5 minutes.
- Serve on toast.