Recipe by Cookin'withGas
The only kind of liver I can stomach, so I'm always on the lookout for new recipes...Here's one of them that I serve over cooked linguine with a tossed green salad!
Top Review by tangible*things
I was looking for another way to cook chicken livers and found your easy recipe...AND I already had all the ingredients at home! No worries about forking out cash for ingredients I might not like or might never use again! Oh and it was pleasantly tasty, too! Thank you for posting this recipe!
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil or 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb chicken liver
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced (one large clove)
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes or 1 (28 ounce) can low-sodium tomatoes, cut up
- 2 cups green peas, freezer section
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a skillet on med-high heat.
- Add chicken livers and garlic and saute 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, green peas, basil and black pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to low and simmer 5 minutes.
- Serve over hot pasta (I prefer linguine) or hot rice.