Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Eat Fat, Lose Fat by Mary Enig and Sally Fallon Always try to incorporate organ meats into your diet once or twice a week.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb chicken liver, preferably organic
- 1⁄4 cup brandy or 1⁄4 cup cognac or 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 cup beef stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried green peppercorn, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- sea salt
- Warm butter and oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add chicken livers and saute until brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add brandy, stock, mustard, rosemary, green peppercorns, and garlic.
- Bring to a boil and boil vigorously until most of liquid has evaporated.
- Transfer to a food processor along with softened butter and process until smooth.
- Season with salt.
- Transfer to small dish and refrigerate.