Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Not chopped liver, but a spread that can be a filling for canapes, spread on matzah's or as an appetizer with some slices of tomato. The recipe is from Bonne Rae London. Not a recipe I like but I make it for my husband and others. Sometimes I add extra green chopped onion.
- 8 ounces chicken livers
- 1 large onion, cut in chunks
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 3 tablespoons chicken fat or 3 tablespoons margarine
- salt and pepper
- Grill the chicken livers, let them cool, trim and cut in chunks.
- Process in the food processor, pulsing until finely chopped, transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Now do the same with the onion, add to the liver.
- The same again for the eggs, or do them by hand because you don't want them too fine.
- Add also to the liver mixture.
- Add the chicken fat and blend well, season with salt and pepper.
- Chill before serving.