Recipe by patriciafulda
This heavenly chicken casserole is modified from "Saucepans and the Single Girl." Serve with a light red wine.
- 2 small chicken breasts
- 3 chicken drumsticks
- 3 chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter (not margarine)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron (do not omit)
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 medium bay leaves
- 1⁄2 cup ripe olives, pitted and cut in half horizontally
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas, defrosted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash chicken parts and dry with paper towel. Sprinkle with salt and paprika, and brown slowly in olive oil.
- In another frying pan melt butter and stir in saffron and rice. Toast rice until golden brown, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes. Add white wine and chicken stock. Simmer covered for another 15 minutes.
- Place bay leaves on bottom of large casserole, add rice and chicken and sprinkle with olives. Bake for 40 minutes, then sprinkle with green peas.and cook until peas are heated through, approximately 10 minutes.