Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
A delightful Asian-inspired kebab of chicken and pineapple flavored with a ginger-orange marinade. Recipe is from an old Sunset booklet which I re-discovered in my treasure trove of old cookbooks.
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- 1⁄3 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 4 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, skinned and boned (cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes)
- 1 medium pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 1 inch chunks
- In a medium size bowl, mix orange zest, juice, sugar, soy sauce, ginger, vinegar, oil, and coriander - reserve 1/4 cup marinade. Stir chicken in remaining marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Lift chicken from marinade and drain briefly (discard marinade). Thread chicken and pineapple chunks on thin metal skewers, alternating 2 chicken chunks and 1 pineapple chunk. Brush reserved marinade over pineapple. Place skewers on a lightly greased grill 4-6 inches above a solid bed of hot coals. Cook, turning and basting with reserved marinade, until chicken is no longer pink in center (6-8 minutes).
Very easy and delicious recipe! I cut this down for just 1 chicken breast and adjusted the ingredients according to weight. The chicken turned out nice and moist, and I just love grilled pineapple! I also grilled some zucchini and tomatoes to enjoy with this delicious dish. Thanks for sharing! Made for PRMR tag game.
We really enjoyed this take on skewered chicken. Kebabs are one of my faves, as DH does the hard work! ;-) This went together quickly and grilled up nicely. Good flavor - perfect for having friends over, for the ease alone. Thanks for sharing, Nancy's Pantry.