Prep 15 mins
Cook 42 mins
Easy to prepare and a bit of a different taste with the bacon and tomatoes. Nice change.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced (8 oz)
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 dash hot sauce
- Brown chicken in oil over medium-high heat 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken add bacon to pan and cook until crisp (I microwave the bacon to eliminate most fat) Add onion, garlic, mushrooms, thyme, s& p and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add stock to pan and cook 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and hot sauce.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Return chicken and simmer another 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
I also left in juice from canned tomatoes. This was given the thumbs up as a good, no nonsense very tasty dish.
Great recipe! I cut it in half to serve two and there was plenty. I left the tomato juice in as I like a lot of sauce and it was great. Very saucy. The bacon adds a lovely smokey flavour. I trimmed all the fat off the bacon before cooking it. I served this with steamed broccoli. Thanks for a new favourite recipe!
Tried this recipe tonite!! It was GREAT!!! I also left the juice from the canned tomatoes. Very fast and easy to prepare!!!