Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I made this for my family and they loved it. I got the recipe from Home Cookin In a Hurry. Mr. Food. Try It, you'll like it.
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, cook until tender.
- Increase heat to high, and add diced tomatoes. Cook until liquid is almost absorbed.
- Add whipping cream, and cook until slightly thickened.
- Remove sauce from heat; add basil, salt, and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place chicken in a 7 x 11 baking dish.
- Pour sauce over chicken. Bake uncovered, at 450 degrees for 16 to 20 minute or until done.
This came out great, but I made a few changes. I sliced chicken breasts into bite-size pieces and sauteed them in olive oil. When they were done, I added the onions and cooked until tender. Then I added the rest of the sauce ingredients. I served over angel hair.
We didn't find this one great but only okay. It seemed like it was missing a layer of flavor. When I reheated the leftovers I added some wine like one of the other reviewers to see if it would help. It improved the flavor for us it was still missing something. I may make it again with the wine and add something else if I can figure out what it is missing for us.
I cant even express the greatness of this recipe! I tweaked it a bit, added the wine and doubled the sauce. I used home grown diced tomatoes ( had a bunch i had to use like right away) and it was awesome. i actually dreamed about it last night after i ate it. This is now going to be a weekly recipe in this house!! cant wait to try it with the canned tomatoes.