Recipe by *Parsley*
This one comes from a tomato sauce label, but I forget which brand it was.
Top Review by Ceezie
This was inspiration for dinner tonight. I had homemade Italian tomato sauce and precooked chicken. I added both to a pan and the artichokes. I cooked till the chicken was heated and served over egg noodles. I think next time I will have it over rice or another noodle and topped with Parmesan cheese. Thanks for a quick dinner and a great idea.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 lb)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, brown chicken breasts in olive oil over medium heat; about 2 minutes per side.
- Add tomato sauce, artichokes, rosemary and basil. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 10-12 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and place on a serving platter.
- Return sauce in skillet to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered until desired consistancy. Spoon over chicken and sprinkle with olives.