- 4 chicken breast fillets (about 200g each)
- 4 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme (, lemon thyme is best)
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 125 ml cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss the fillets in the flour, and shake off any excess.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, and cook the fillets for 5 minutes on each side or until they are golden brown.
- Sprinkle on the thyme and turn the fillets over.
- Add the sherry and half the cream and boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the fillets again and pour over the remaining cream.
- Season to taste and serve.
- I like this with a jacket potato and a green vegetable.
- Also a nice young riesling.