Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A nice quick dish. Try varying the herbs-sage tarragon or basil are all good.
- 4 chicken breast fillets (about 200g each)
- 4 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme (, lemon thyme is best)
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 125 ml cream
- Toss the fillets in the flour, and shake off any excess.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, and cook the fillets for 5 minutes on each side or until they are golden brown.
- Sprinkle on the thyme and turn the fillets over.
- Add the sherry and half the cream and boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the fillets again and pour over the remaining cream.
- Season to taste and serve.
- I like this with a jacket potato and a green vegetable.
- Also a nice young riesling.
Excellent chicken. Had this last week with boiled parsley potatoes and fresh steamed asparagus. It don't get much better than this!! A keeper! Thank you Jan!
Very tasty. I loved the lemon thyme flavour. I served it with roasted potatoes and steamed broccoli. Thanks Jan!
I can not tell you how good this was. We loved it the family really enjoyed it. I only made one sub and it was to use fat free half and half instead of cream. Wow we can not wait to use the sauce with a nice steak. Thanks for a wonderful recipe!!!!