Recipe by Ransomed by Fire
This recipe was initially born from a mistake I made while attempting to make Luby's Chicken Lazone for the first time, and I've made a few more changes from there. It kind of reminds me of fettucine alfredo. It is very filling and can stretch a little bit of chicken a long way.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 -2 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon flour
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine seasonings in a freezer bag, and coat chicken.
- Heat margarine over medium heat until melted and bubbly.
- Cook chicken in butter for 8 minutes, flipping once every two minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Turn down burner to make sure margarine doesn't overcook while you're cutting up the chicken; or, better yet, have someone else cut up the chicken for you so you can move on to the next step.
- Whisk flour into margarine until well combined.
- Add milk and stir.
- Add chicken pieces, and cook for about ten minutes to thicken, stirring and being careful not to boil.
- Serve over cooked noodles.
- NOTE: Since the sauce will probably be pretty thick, I recommend you either mix the noodles into it before serving or mix the pasta up on the plate to ensure even distribution of the sauce.