Recipe by Elijon
I absolutely LOVE this recipe and have not seen this version on this site. My grandma made at least a dozen versions of this and finally found the best. I have to agree, this is amazing. I've tried the other versions of this recipe. They are not half as good as this one. This is my entire family's favorite--possibly the only dinner we can all agree on.
Top Review by bmcnichol
Made for Spring PAC 2008. This was good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I used brown rice as that is all I had and I used cooked bacon because of the review by another reviewer. My family enjoyed this.
- 6 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 12 slices bacon, raw
- 2 (4 ounce) packages dried beef (NOT beef jerky!!)
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 4 cups long grain and wild rice blend (I use Uncle Ben's)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pepper (don't salt) the chicken breasts.
- Wrap bacon around each breast.
- Place layer of beef in the bottom of the baking dish and arrange bacon wrapped chicken on top of beef slices.
- Combine chicken soup, sour cream, and cream cheese, mix till completely blended; pour over the chicken breasts.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350°F for 2 hours. When chicken is tender, remove foil and brown lightly.
- About 30 minutes before chicken is done, prepare the wild rice.
- Serve chicken hot over rice.