Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a recipe from the Quick & Easy Casseroles from Durkees French Fried Onions cookbook (1988). This is so good. I also added diced onions, frozen corn and next time I'll also add some sliced potatoes. I'll also double the sauce and slightly thicken it so it coats the vegetables, I want to get every drop of that delicious sauce that I can. This would make a wonderful dish to take to a family reunion just cut the chicken into bite size pieces, then continue with the rest of the recipe.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen baby carrots, thawed and drained (about 2 cups) or 4 medium carrots, cut into strips (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can Durkee onions
- 4 chicken breast halves, skinned and boned
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 3⁄4 cup prepared chicken bouillon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375. In 8x12 inch baking dish, combine vegetables and 1/2 can French Fried Onions.
- Arrange chicken breasts on vegetables.
- In small bowl, combine wine, bouillon, garlic salt and pepper; pour over chicken and vegetables.
- Sprinkle chicken with paprika.
- Bake, covered, at 375 for 35-45 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Baste chicken with wine sauce and top with remaining onions; bake, uncovered, 3 minutes or until onions are golden brown.