Recipe by Milkman's Daughter
This recipe came from the Kraftfoods.com, I have made it several times for my family and wanted to share it with you also. Enjoy!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1lb.)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat chicken with flour.
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until cooked through (165 degrees).
- Remove chicken from skillet, reserving drippings in skillet.
- Cover chicken to keep warm.
- Add broth to skillet.
- Stir to scrape up browned bits from bottom of skillet.
- Add cream cheese, cook 2-3 minutes or until melted and sauce starts to thicken, stirring constantly with wire whisk.
- Return chicken to skillet, turn over to coat both sides of chicken with sauce. Cook 2 minutes or until chicken is heated through. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Can also top with bacon bits before serving.