Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I found this recipe in children's cook book. This is Thai recipe! You can serve with rice!
- 2 medium onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pinch salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lemon
- 55 g creamed coconut
- 300 ml hot water
- Peel and chop the onions, and peel and crush the garlic.
- Mix the ginger, chili powder, salt and black pepper in a bowl.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the chicken breasts and cook them gently for five minutes on each side.
- Lift the chicken breasts onto a paper towel.
- Put them with another paper towel to remove extra oil.
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze it.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the spice mixture and some lemon juice.
- Grate the creamed coconut finely.
- Put it into a bowl with the hot water and whisk it until it looks like milk.
- Heat the oil in the frying pan again.
- Cook the onions and garlic over a low heat until they are soft.
- Put the chicken back into the frying pan and pour the coconut mixture over it.
- Stir everything together.
- Cook the chicken for about 20minutes.
- Until it is cooked right through.