Recipe by RMess
This recipe came from the back of a Contadina tomato sauce can about 20 years ago and has been a favorite in my recipe collection ever since. Great to serve for dinner parties --- no one realizes how easy it is to prepare!!!
Top Review by mianbao
I like this. It's very tasty and also super easy. I did increase the amount of peppers because I like a lot of veggies with my meat, and also added 4 or 5 hot Thai chilies. Might cut down on those by 1 or 2 next time, but still, this is very good. Thank you for sharing this recipe with us.
- 2 small bell peppers (I prefer the taste of poblano peppers)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1/12 pounds total)
- 2 cups tomato sauce (two 8-ounce cans)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice peppers crosswise into rings.
- Lightly saute in oil in large skillet.
- Remove peppers; drain on paper towels.
- Brown chicken on both sides in oil remaining in skillet.
- Place remaining ingredients in blender jar.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour over chicken in skillet.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat; boil gently 5 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Place chicken on serving platter.
- Arrange peppers on top.
- Serve with remaining sauce.