Recipe by Valeria
This is a savory dish that is sure to impress. The flavor is smooth, complex and sophisticated. It's perfect for a candlelit dinner and goes well with winter squash.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄3 cup red wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- sliced almonds, toasted, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Toss chicken breasts lightly in seasoned flour. Shake of excess. Reserve 1 teaspoon of flour mixture.
- Heat oil and butter in large skillet. Cook chicken over medium-high heat until golden, turning once. Remove from pan; drain on paper towels.
- Add onion, cocoa powder, sugar and tomato paste to skillet and stir over low heat. Add red wine and stock gradually, stirring over low heat until smooth.
- Blend sour cream and reserved flour in small bowl until smooth. Add to skillet with raisins; stir over medium heat 2 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- Place chicken in an ovenproof baking dish. Pour sauce over chicken. Cover and bake for 15 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Sprinkle with toasted sliced almonds before serving.