David R. Harris's Note:
This tastes like a dish you could get at an Italian-American restaurant, but is super easy to make. Kids love it too! You can use nearly any kind of pasta. Pairs well with a vinaigrette salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces penne pasta, cooked according to directions
- 3 -4 chicken breasts, optionally cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 6 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Heat olive oil in frying pan on medium heat.
- 2Coat chicken in breadcrumbs, optionally with a milk or egg wash first.
- 3Cook chicken approximately 4-5 minutes on each side, until done. Slice a bit of chicken to ensure doneness.
- 4Remove chicken from pan, leaving behind any drippings and grease.
- 5Deglaze pan with chicken broth.
- 6Add heavy cream, basil,garlic, butter, tomatoes, and half the parmesan cheese.
- 7Simmer, stirring often to prevent any burning and to incorporate chicken drippings.
- 8Add remaining parmesan cheese as desired. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 9When cream sauce has thickened, turn heat to low. A small amount of flour or corn starch can be used to thicken it faster if needed.
- 10Serve chicken on top of pasta, covered in the cream sauce. Garnish with parsley and parmesan.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken in Basil Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (458 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1113.1
- Calories from Fat 674
- Total Fat 74.8 g
- Saturated Fat 40.4 g
- Cholesterol 277.7 mg
- Sodium 1080.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 49.3 g