Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I've just started making this for dinner and it's already a favorite with my family. I usually add more honey than is called for. I also add more cashews, we always fight over the cashews...
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 large carrots, peeled and diagonally sliced
- 1 kg chicken breast, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1⁄2 cup cashews
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a wok over high heat.
- Add the carrots and onion and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil, then add the chicken and stir fry until cooked through.
- Add the orange juice, soy sauce, honey and ginger.
- Cook over medium heat until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Top with the cashews and serve.
BH and I loved this, will be making it often. We added broccoli to it, and it was wonderful.
Very good. I added some thyme,chili powder and some flour to thicken. The cashews make the dish.
Lovely subtle flavor, very enjoyable. The honey sneaks through and blends it all to gether. I scaled the recipe down to a generous one serving (Dinner & lunch today) with no problem. I added 2 cloves of garlic and 3 muhrooms. It's a keeper, Thanks Mirjam