Recipe by Rose J
I used regular old basil because I was unable to find holy basil. This has an incredible Thai flavor
Top Review by Orange_Ember
I loved this! It has such great flavor and is so easy to prepare. I used regular basil instead of holy basil, and 2 tablespoons of sriracha instead of fresh chiles because that is what I had on hand. It turned out great, and my boyfriend loved it too. Thanks!
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 Thai chiles, thinly sliced crosswise (I used two jalapenos, seeded and sliced)
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil (12 tsp)
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon Southeast Asian fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon Southeast Asian fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar (70 calories, 0 g fat, 0 g fiber)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups fresh basil, loosely packed, Thai holy basil, plus more for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash together garlic and chiles using a mortar and pestle or the flat side of a large knife. Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until garlic is just golden, about 20 seconds.
- Add chicken; cook, stirring often, until chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes. Stir in fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and pepper. Add basil; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Season with more pepper, if desired. Serve over rice. Garnish with basil.