1/1 Photo of Chicken Hash With Butternut Squash
Makes a great change of pace for breakfast. Serve with eggs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb red potatoes, diced small
- 1 lb butternut squash, peeled, seeded, diced small
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sweet onion, diced small
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups roasted skinless chicken, shredded (white and dark meat)
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1Heat potatoes and squash in saucepan with salted water, covered, to boiling.
- 2Simmer 4 minutes and drain.
- 3Heat 1 tbs butter in a skillet over med-high heat.
- 4Add onion and cook 5 minutes.
- 5Add remaining butter and oil to skillet.
- 6Add potatoes, squash, chicken, tarragon, salt and pepper and cook 8-10 minutes, tossing frequently until nicely browned.
- 7Slowly pour cream around edge of skillet.
- 8Cook 6-8 minutes turning hash until crusty.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Hash With Butternut Squash
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.2
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 77.0 mg
- Sodium 272.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 17.7 g