Recipe by rusted_essence
Ok so this is what I ended up doing with a recipe I had already posted but wanted to change a smidge... This recipe is more like carne guisada with a gravy rather than no gravy like the other chicken guisada i posted. We thought this was grrrreat I hope y'all agree...
- 3 lbs roasting chickens
- 1 head garlic clove
- chili powder, to taste
- dried chipotle powder, to taste
- cilantro, to taste
- cumin, to taste
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- onion powder, to taste
- garlic powder (to taste)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (sliced)
- 1 (16 ounce) can water
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- wash and clean chicken
- place in pot and cover with water add garlic and seasonings to taste.
- Boil chicken ubtil tender and done.
- drain water.
- remove skin and remove meat from bones and shred.
- place in a skillet with 1/4 c oil and saute.
- add 3 TBS flour and cook until browned,.
- add tomatoes with juice and slowly add can of water until desired thickness is achieved.
- season with all seasonings to taste.
- let simmer on low 20 minutes so the flavors absorb.
- serve on egg noodles or in a tortilla -- .