Recipe by L-Burden
This is a Rachel Ray creation, and it is FANTASTIC! I make this salad once a week during the summer. It's refreshing and very simple to make.
Top Review by Beth A.
I was going to post this recipe, and I see you've beat me to it. This is more than a 5-star recipe!! I add 1 teaspoon ground coriander to the yogurt marinade, in additional to the cumin, oregano, and grill seasoning. I make it regularly during the summer months, as well. Cool, light, easy to make, and easy to eat!
- 4 pita bread
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon mccormick seasoning
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 romaine lettuce hearts, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cucumber, chopped
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pitted kalamata olive
- 6 hot pepperoncini peppers, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄2 cup feta
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill pan to high heat (I actually use the charcoal grill outside instead).
- Heat oven or toaster oven to 250 degrees.
- Wrap Pita bread in foil and place in oven to warm.
- Combine yogurt and next four ingredients. Coat chicken in mixture (I use a large ziplock for this part).
- Grill chicken for 5-6 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Combine lettuce, chopped veggies, olives, and hot peppers in a large serving bowl.
- Dress salad lightly with lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place remaining ingredients (for pesto) in food processor (except for olive oil).
- Turn processor on, and stream in olive oil.
- remove bread from oven and cut into wedges.
- Place grilled meat on top and dress liberally with pesto.Place pita wedges around the edges.