Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Made this soup for my sick family.
- 1⁄4 cup chicken base
- 10 cups water
- 1 large yellow sweet onion, coursely chopped
- 2 bulbs of garlic, pressed
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger (to taste)
- 6 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb chicken, cubed
- Boil the water in a large stockpot, and add broth base and fully disolve. I used Glory's Southern Chicken Stock base, and it was excellent.
- Add onions and garlic and ginger, boil for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and mushrooms (I would recommend a stir-fry blend that includes shitake mushrooms), and cook until chicken is fully cooked. Serve.