- 1 whole chicken, disjointed
- 2 carrots, minced
- 2 stalks celery, minced
- 1 large yellow onion
- chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the chicken broth by simmering chicken, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper in enough water to cover.
- When the chicken is thoroughly cooked, remove it and skim the fat from broth.
- Simmer broth, reducing it until it is very rich.
- Add the flour and butter to a small amount of broth and mix with a wire whisk until velvety.
- Pour this mixture into the remaining broth.
- Tear chicken into bite-sized pieces and add to the soup.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.