Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
We have started gardening. We have started with peppers and herbs. We had been working in the yard all day and I wanted to make something with our fresh ingredients. I threw this together and it was so yummy I wanted to share.
- 4 anaheim chilies
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 chicken breast, boneless, skinless, diced into cubes
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, rough chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh Thai basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 cups cooked rice
- I am putting this down just as I did it. You could obviously take some short cuts here or there, but it may not be as yummy.
- What kind of chilies you use will effect how hot your dish is. I actually used the Anaheim chilies and also a Serrano chili for a little kick. Feel free to try different combinations.
- Take a small cast iron skillet (6 in) or other pan and put the chilies in it. Pour the oil over them so that they are half submerged.
- Fire up the grill and place the skillet with the chilies on the fire and close cover. Grill over Medium-low heat for 20 minutes. (You could also do that in the oven).
- While the chilies are roasting, dice your chicken into 1 inches cubes. Please the pieces flat on a plate and sprinkle with garlic salt. Let sit until ready to cook.
- Rough chop the mushrooms and place them in a bowl. Add the minced garlic.
- When the chilies are done they will be very soft. Remove them from the grill. Remove the chilies from the oil. Reserve the oil (it's awesome to dip bread in). Cut the stems off the chilies, dice them and add them to the mushrooms and garlic in the bowl.
- Heat up a wok or skillet to smoking hot over high heat. Add about 2-3 T of the reserved oil. When the oil is very hot add the chicken and stir fry until the chicken is barely done. Don't over cook.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic and chilies and stir fry 2-3 minutes Add the Thai Basil, rosemary and fish sauce. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook 2 minutes.
- Turn heat back to high and add the rice. Stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Turn off heat, cover and let sit 3 minutes. Uncover and serve.