This is a budget family meal and is low in fat. Add a salad for summer and vegetables for winter.
Make and share this Chicken Fried Rice 3 recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- cooking spray
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ginger, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and sliced thinly
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup peas
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Combine 1 tbs of soya sauce with cumin in a cup.
- Pour over chicken and refrigerate, covered for 20 minutes basting occasionally.
- Spray a large frying pan with cooking oil.
- Add garlic and ginger and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add capsicum, cook for 2-3 minutes over high heat.
- Add rice, peas and onions to pan.
- Stir over high heat for 3 minutes, then keep warm.
- Cook chicken under grill for 5-7 minutes each side.
- Cook eggs in a small pan stirring until set.
- Add the egg, coriander, fish and soy sauces to the rice and combine.
- Serve rice with sliced chicken and salad/veggies.